Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thing # 8-Stretch

Wikipedia-West Texas State University

This site does seem pretty valid with the information on it. I grew up close to it and attended WT the first couple of years of my college career.

The other reason I picked this was to follow a friend of mine who is a professional basketball player/coach. I was to get to his site and it was up to date. As with professional athletes and coaches, they have to move sometimes. He did in the offseason, and the site made reference to it.

The site was give a 'B" on it quality scale which means there is no major issues with it, but does need some work on it. I enjoyed looking at the discussion tab, however, since WT is now part of the A&M system, it is assessed by them.

Looking at the history of the site was interesting too. I didn't know you could do these two things and more. I always wondered how people could update or change information on Wikipedia. Of course the only bad thing, is how legitimate is the information that is being put on it.

1 comment:

  1. Go Buffs!!!! I did not know you went to WT! That is where Dennis and I went to school. BTW, there wasn't a website back then. I can only imagine how much easier school would have been if we had access to the kind of technology that kids just expect to have.

    Dating myself, I know!!!

    ReplyDelete