Monday, November 9, 2009

Thing #21

Google Tools

Google Earth
This is one of my most favorite Google tool there is. I went to a class at TCEA where they used this in a high school class. The lesson was on wind energy. The presenters were able to show us these huge wind farms they have in California. It was amazing seeing that. What an impact that can make in your classroom. Students get to see real life right before their eyes. Really cool. I wish we had access at the middle school level.

Google Sketch
This is also another cool tool from Google. Our Technology 2000 (now called Tech Ed) wanted another idea for his class. They had been using a CAD program, but he wanted to change it up. So, I told him about Google Sketch Up. He loved the idea. I know in other classes, students had to come up with a drawing or sketch of their home. They created it using this tool. It was really cool. This is another tool that can take your evening away real quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment