Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thing # 17

Podcasting

I listen to The Tech Teachers, Tech Pod Zone, 60 Second Science, and NOVA Science Now.
It was hard for me to listen to them without a picture. I did subscribed to The Tech Teachers and listen to a couple of their podcasts. They were interesting, but it was hard to sit there without a visual in front of me. Now, did like 60 Second Science. I think keeping a podcast short and sweet is the way to go. I am thinking if it is hard for me to stay focus, can you imagine a teenager trying to do it. I know some would love it, but I think most would hate it.

The other problem I ran into was sound quality. The Tech Pod Zone was bad. It would be hard for me to sit there and listen to it with the feedback coming through and poor sound quality.

Even though I think teenagers would have a hard time with this, it still could be used in a classroom. Summing up an assignment, giving specific instructions on a project or assignment, and introducing a new theme or lesson could be used for a podcast.

As we all know in education, you try and find something that will work for one or a few students to keep their interest. I think you could do that with podcasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment